|Shocking Facts about the Old and New Testaments
by S.L. White
1. Did you know that Yeshua (Jesus) was the one who created the earth? (Hebrews 1:1-2) And that Yeshua was the one who appeared before men and spoke to them in the Old Testament? He was the one who led the Israelites out of Egypt. (I Corinthians 10:1 - 4) Because no man has seen God at any time (God the Father). (John 1:18 -Yeshua has declared his Father)
2. Did you know that at the Sermon on the Mount, Yeshua did not change the law but he clarified it? Many of the People, including the Pharisees, had distorted it and became confused so Yeshua re-taught the law to them! For instance, Matthew 5:21 - 22 says that if you are angry with your brother you have broken the "thou shalt not kill" commandment. Yet this same law is in Leviticus 19:17! Also, Matthew 5:27-28 says that if you lusted after a woman you have already committed adultery in your heart. This is also in the Old Testament - Proverbs 6:25 and Job 31:1. And in Matthew 5:24 (this actually has to do with oaths) talks of swearing, well it is also talked about in the Old Testament in Zechariah 5:3; Hosea 4:2; Jeremiah 23:10 and Psalm 10:7. The precious and Holy Sabbath was also clarified by Yeshua when he said, "For the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day." - Matthew 12:8. Did he say we shouldnt keep the Sabbath??? Of Course not! He said that he is Lord over it! The Ten Commandments were given by God (Yeshua) himself Exodus 20:1, Moses was just the messenger.
3. Did you know that the "schoolmaster" talked about in Galatians 3:24 - 26 simply means that we are not under the schoolmaster for justification (salvation). Why? Because Yeshua came and he is now our justification (salvation). Both in the Old Testament and the New Testament, obedience to the law is our job! The difference is that Yeshua became the final sacrifice and we no longer need to offer animal sacrifices. The law is still required. Please do not become confused, Pray that the Spirit will open you heart and show you his precious word, study and let it be revealed to you. I John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."
4. Did you know that the Ten Commandments were placed in the ark of the covenant as a Witness against the people (including us)?? Deuteronomy 31:26 "Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God that it may be there for a witness against thee." And the most amazing thing is that this same ark of the covenant, with the law inside, is going to be pulled out in Revelation!!! (Rev. 11:19) Is this frightening?? That we have been deceived for so long, thinking that the law was abolished?? What was abolished was the hatred for the law -Ephesians 2:15, "enmity" means hatred. and "even" in this passage is translated by Stongs as "for".
5. What is the New Covenant? This is a re-newal of Gods promise! See Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Jeremiah 32:22-23. Because Israel turned away from God in rebellion (he was an husband to them), they "divorced" him in a sense by committing "adultery". (New in this passage is translated by Strongs 2319 and 2318 as renew!) The New Covenant is a renewal of his vows! This is for those who will turn to him, love him, serve him, and obey his laws! Revelation 14:12. The New Covenant also means that there is no more need of animal sacrifices because Yeshua became the final sacrifice and did you know that no man has ever been able to go directly to God (the father)? That is why the Old Testament had Levitical Priests. Now Yeshua is our High priest and he makes intercession for us. That is who the "Comforter" is which was given to us - see the Strongs translation. (John 14:26) The comforter is the advocate and the Holy Spirit, He is the Spirit of Christ (see Strongs). Isnt that amazing?? Acts 20:28
6. John 15:10. If we keep his commandments we will abide in him and He in us. Matthew 7:12 says that if we do unto others as we would have them do unto us, that this is the law and the prophets. Loving your neighbor is part of the Old Testament law see Leviticus 19:18 and to Love God with all our heart, (Matt. 22:37) is also found in the law - Deut. 6:5! Also see Acts 28:23, where the apostles taught people out of the law of Moses and the prophets!
7. We are told to be hearers of the law and also doers of the law. (Rom. 2:13) And James 2:20 - 26 has to be one of the most amazing passages. It says that our faith is made perfect when combined with our works! And Faith is dead without works. We have to believe in Yeshua and Obey Yeshua! Matthew 7:21-23 "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven..." This is frightening! Let us all pray the Lord will reveal the pure truth to us from the word of God and let us shut out the teachings of man!
8. What is "Salvation"? Acts 4:12; I Thess. 5:9 - 10; II Timothy 2:10. Strong's Concordance translates Salvation from these passages (#'s 4991, 4990, 4982) as "Deliverance"; "Health"; "Safety"; "Preserve"; "Make Whole". And the word "Saved" means: (Strong's 4982) to make whole; to heal. Thus, Acts 4:12 reads as follows:
"Neither is there salvation [deliverance;
safety; make whole] in any other [but
Yeshua]; for there is none other name
under heaven given among men, whereby
we must be saved [healed; made whole]."
9. What is the sign of Gods people? (The sign also means "mark" - so what is the mark of God? See Exodus 13: 9 , and Deuteronomy 6:8 says that it is a sign on our hand and a mark on our forehead - this is Gods law which is in our heart (mind) and in our actions (hand). See Revelation 9:4 (the seal of God in their foreheads, in this passage, is translated from Strong's as "Mark"; "security, preservation", 4972 and 4973). The sign is the keeping of His Sabbath!! Leviticus 19:3; ** Exodus 31:16 - 18** (Who is Israel? All who are of faith. Romans 11:17; Galatians 3:6 - 7; II Corinthians 11:22; and Romans 9:4) Did you know that we will continue keeping the Sabbath even in Heaven?? (Isaiah 66:22 - 23) And that the Sabbath is a memorial of Creation?? (Genesis 2:2 - 3)
Oh, dear kind reader, there is much wisdom, much treasure, much joy in the Holy Scriptures. My prayer is that we will all come before our dear Lord with an earnest desire to learn and allow Him to teach us his law directly out of His pure Word and through prayer. Let us seek wisdom and never settle or be stuck in our ways. A wise man will hear and will increase learning! Proverbs 1:5
Link to S. L. White's