Table of Contents
About Jeff & I
Total Failure ?
Note: The Holy Spirit is the one who convicts. The Father
will lead you to find repentance in any given area. These scriptures are
simply instructions passed on by the apostles that Yeshua left to continue his
work. Meditation (speaking them out loud so your soul can be renewed) on them as well as allowing the Holy Spirit to direct
you how to make changes is the way to success. Joshua 1:8 promises that
if we meditate to observe to do the word we will have great success in all we
do. We want to practice faith with corresponding action.
One of the most important lessons I have ever learned about
marriage was that
strife (that yucky mad thing that settles in between a man and woman) is a
spirit. It is a spirit that allows the enemy to come in and do whatever it
feels like doing. (Where there is envy and strife there is confusion
and EVERY evil work!) When it shows up, you have to decide not to allow
it in. It will require that you speak to it and forbid it no matter
what. In the beginning it will harass you and your flesh will rebel, but
after repeated exposure to God's word and speaking to your flesh to gain the
upper hand, even the harassments will end. Remember, even Yeshua had to deal with the adversary three
times before he was given a break. Also, angels came and ministered to
him when the struggle was over!
New Testament verses relating to the Husband and the Wife.
1. Matthew 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
2. Luke 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that
Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
3. Acts 21:5 And when we had accomplished those days, we departed and went our way; and they all brought us on our way, with wives and children, till we were out of the city: and we kneeled down on the shore, and prayed.
4. 1 Corinthians 7:29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it
remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;
5. Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
6. Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
7. Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
8. Ephesians 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
9. Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
10. Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
11. 1Timothy 3:11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12. 1 Timothy 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto Godliness.
13. 1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
1. Mark 10:12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
2. Luke 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
3. John 4:16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come
hither. Verse 17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
Verse 18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
4. Acts 5:9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
Verse 10 Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
5. Romans 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he
liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Verse 3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
6. 1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Verse 3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
Verse 4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
7. 1 Corinthians 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
Verse 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
8. 1 Corinthians 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
Verse 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
9. 1 Corinthians 7:16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how
knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
10. 1 Corinthians 7:34 There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman
careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.
11. 1 Corinthians 7:39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband
liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
12. Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the
saviour of the body.
13. Ephesians 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
14. Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Practical tips for creating a super marriage:
Get a bible, get your bible, dust it off, open it up, now read it everyday!
You don't starve your body (unless you have an eating disorder) so don't
starve your spirit.
Think of one really great quality about yourself. Now thank God
for it because it's a gift. You had no power to cause the gift to be there
and all you can do once you recognize it is to develop and use it.
If you can't think of one you have, think of one you'd like to have and
begin confessing it as yours to heaven and earth. No you're not
lying, you're calling those things that be not as though they are.
You're just like Abraham and that is great.
Think of one really great quality about your husband. If you can't
think of one he has, think of one you'd like him to have.
Begin confessing that quality out loud to heaven and earth. Do not say
it to your husband unless you're praising him.
Remember your spirit is always willing, but your flesh is the
"weakest link". You can't get rid of it, but you can
overcome it one step at a time. It's rather like taming an unruly
pet. Consistency is the answer.
God is never taken by surprise by anything you experience. He will
see you through the good times and the evil days. Trust Him, let Him
work it out.
I'll add more as the Spirit leads. Have you got any practical
tips? Let me know. Email me at: