Table of Contents
About Jeff & I
Total Failure ?
- Sweat socks or cottons nasty? Use a little dishwasher detergent in
- Towels and sheets have a tendency to wrap themselves around the agitator
of your washer and not get as clean as possible. They also have a way of
making the load get off balance and rocking your machine across the floor.
Make sure to put them on the outside of the load and distribute evenly around
the outside of other items in your machine. They'll get cleaner and you
won't have to tend your machine.
- Have small delicates that need cleaned, but don't have a delicate cycle on
your machine? Find an industrial sized jar with a lid and use it as a
"washing machine" for those small items. Just put them in with your
favorite "Woolite" like soaps and shake jar. Rinse out the jar and put
clear water and repeat by shaking it again.
- To clean your microwave put damp paper towels in your microwave and set it
on high for 10 seconds. Voila!
- Stinky refrigerator. When you finally get around to cleaning it, add
a few tablespoons of baking soda to the warm soapy water. It cuts
through the smells and neutralizes them.
- Got a stinky sink? Soak the sink (use the plug) with hot water and
baking soda. Not only will the sink smell better, but the drain will
smell better too.
- Smelly feet is usually made worse by smelly shoes. Take a pair of
old tube socks and fill with kitty litter or baking soda or carpet freshening
powder. Tie a knot in it and place each one in your smelliest shoes.
Hey, go get a whole bag of tube socks and treat all your shoes to a vacation.
- Germs love toothbrushes. You should pour boiling water over your
brushes from time to time. In fact replace your toothbrush with a new
one every three months just for the sake of your mouth.
- Buy a one piece black bathing suit. It can double as a tank top when
you're on the road and takes up less room.
- A lovely square Russian Shawl can be used to keep you warm on a cool
evening or be used as a table cloth to dress up a room.
- Use your egg slicer to cut mushrooms or strawberries.
- Dryer sheets can be used as dust rags after they are used. They can
also be used to deodorize your dresser drawers. Put a fresh one in your stinky
- More to come.