Table of Contents
About Jeff & I
Total Failure ?
I have discovered through a lot of really bad experiences that common sense
is a rare commodity. I used to think that all women should be able to see
the end of a situation from its beginning. That is not so. This page
is dedicated to those women who want to develop common sense. I hate to
make "Do" and "Don't do" lists, but as a primer I'll do just
that. With these lists I'll illustrate each situation from beginning to
end just to make things clear. The bible says it quite clearly "Do
not be deceived (self deluded), God is not mocked, what a man sows that shall he
- Never discipline a child when angry. (Wait until you are in
control and act out of love.)
- Never leave a child alone in a car. (They can turn the car
on, overheat or be kidnapped.)
- Never leave an animal in a car. (Their brains can cook in
- Never leave a child alone in the bath. (They can drown in an inch
- Never mix bleach and ammonia compounds. (It makes a lethal gas.)
This includes Comet and dish soap.
- Never leave small children and animals alone. (Very friendly
animals can become vicious went taunted.)
- Never plug in small appliances near water, such as hair dryers,
radios, clocks, toasters. (They can be jerked into the water and
- Childproof your home. (Chemical cleaners, bug spray, cleaning
- Never store gasoline in glass. (It can become volatile and
- Never store flammable liquids next to your dryer or water heater.
(This can start a fire.)
- Never overload circuits. (This too can start a fire.)
- Always get references for babysitters and check up on the
references. (Even family members can be unreliable.) Know your sitter, very
- Never leave your child with a stranger. (This one is just too plain
- Always check the stove and oven and iron before leaving the
house. (Fires can start before you know it.)
- Never leave candles burning while you sleep. (Candles can tip
over in a million ways and cause fire and death.)
- Never smoke in bed. (Again, fire is the obvious choice.
If you're tired put it out and move the ashtray far from the bed or
sofa.) See the Deliverance page.
- Never drop ice or icy food into boiling oil. (Scalding is the
natural course as well as over flowing oil and house fires.)
- Never grab a hot pan with a wet towel. (This is a good way to
burn yourself as heat passes through moist towels very easily.)
- Always put the lid on when using the blender. (Over spills
make nasty messes.)
- Never put spoons or utensils in a blender. (This is a good
way to ruin the blender and to get hurt.)
- Throw away gas or flammable liquid soaked rags. (They hold fumes
that can ignite if exposed to sparks like those from car ignitions.)
- Never put a lid on a boiling pot or one which may boil. (It will
- Never send a child into a public restroom alone, even if you have
to take a boy in the women's bathroom and a girl into the men's room. Predators
- Don't drive under the influence of alcohol, medications that make
you drowsy or when you've been without regular sleep.
- Never stick a metal utensil in a toaster, you can electrocute
- Never leave child unattended in a shopping cart. Children are
active and can fall out of carts.
- Never shake a baby, you can do damage to the soft tissue of their
Let's make a practice of visualizing the results of our actions.
"Where there is no vision, the people perish". If you can learn
to picture the results of your actions, to visualize what God is doing in you
and in this world, you will keep yourself from perishing.